Yenagoa—Nembe Se Congress, a socio-cultural organization of the Nembe-speaking people in Bayelsa State, has elected new executive members to pilot its affairs following the dissolution of the Prof. Monday Godwin-Egein lead exco.
The organization conducted the election in her general meeting held Saturday in Yenagoa, the state capital.
Speaking after the election of the new executives, the Pioneer President of the Organization and one of its patrons, Emeritus Prof. E. J. Alagoa (OON) expressed great excitement, stating that he is happy to witness in his lifetime the magnificent achievements of the Congress.
He added that Nembe Se Congress has so far achieved some of the things they had set out to achieve when they started the group in 2003.
He prayed to God to strengthen newly-elected executive members to undertake and accomplish their tasks as well as to meritoriously serve the people of Nembe, Bayelsa State, and Nigeria in general.
One of the high points of the meeting point was the presentation of a trophy to Nembe Se Congress by the Nengi James foundation through its BOT Chairman/founder, Alabo Nengi James-Eriworio, OON.
The newly elected executive members of the Congress and their positions are:
1. Chief (Dr) Ebiegberi Domo-Spiff – President
2. Alabo (Dr.) Nengi James-Eriworio, OON – Vice President
3. Barr. Allen Hope Jonah, who was returned unopposed as General Secretary
4. Mr. Solomon Jokori – Assistant General Secretary
5. Rev. (Barr) Godfrey David Otiotio – Legal Adviser
6. Chief (Sir) Ebi Matthew Sunny Goli Olofoni – Publicity Secretary
7. Miss Nancy B. West – Treasurer
8. Amb. Christiana Otiotio – Financial Secretary
9. Mr. Iruo Suokari Oputa – Assistant Financial Secretary
10. Dame Selea Kombo – Welfare Secretary
11. Dr. Buomokuma Karibo Jonah – Provost
12. Prof. Monday I. Godwin-Egein – Ex Officio 1
13. Chief (Sir) Howells Waribugo Aburuku – Ex Officio
In his acceptance speech, the new president Chief (Dr) Ebiegberi Domo-Spiff on behalf of the entire exco expressed gratitude to the Congress for finding them worthy to pilot the affairs of the body for the next three years.
“We solicit the support of all to collectively achieve the lofty aims and objectives of the Congress.
“We are humbled in the confidence members repose in us. God bless Nembe Se. O nua,” he said.